Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Blog vs. Diary

So I've actually shared this blog with my WI BFF recently. Actually, she's the first person I've ever shared it with. (shout out Kate!) And actually, she might be the only person still who has ever read it.

Which brings me to the discussion: If I cut a tree down in the woods, but actually the tree was in my woods and no one is allowed on my property, and actually I didn't even tell anyone where I lived, did I really cut down a tree or did I just landscape? Similarly, if I write a blog, and I don't tell anyone about it or share it - is it really a blog? Or is it just an internet diary?

The latter I find quite ridiculous, since the last time I had a "diary"... I was 13 and I'm pretty sure I wrote about how I would punch Emily in the face if she told Dan I liked him. And this blog is much less violent.

Maybe I should make this blog actually about something, rather than just my rambling rantings. Alas - NOT a diary.

1 comment:

Maxie said...

I think it's a blog as long as it's public! plus there are obviously other people reading :-)