Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I like food more than my job.

As I sat home tonight watching Top Chef Masters on Bravo and truly wishing I even knew what was in a souffle, I realized how much I love food. Not that this is a life-changing realization, but I literally rushed home from church/meetings/etc. in order to watch this show. Don't get me wrong, I also love television, but it's the food factor that really gets me. Cook it, eat it, boil it, mash it, stick it in a stew. No matter how you dice it, I love food. (post soon to come: I need to get more out of my Y membership than a bill).

So my new roommate, the WIBFF, has aversions to the Food Network. I forsee this as a large problem, considering I watch it ANYTIME I get the remote. Especially at 11 or later, when you're very likely to catch Iron Chef America.

This is going to be a big problem. Without my daily dose of Rachel Ray, Alton Brown, and Bobby Flay, I might shrivel up and die of not knowing how long I should store spices before I need to throw them away! How will I know if my meal will take 30 minutes or less, and daresay, what if my prize winning mediocre tolerable egg salad doesn't get chosen for "Throwdown" because I missed the commercial for the casting call!!?!?!?!?

This is TOO much to handle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no aversion to the FN! I just enjoy a nice episode of Seinfeld more.

I am obsessed with Intervention, a show not many of my friends enjoy. To each his own I suppose.